To commemorate fifteen years of dedication to sincere craft and honest labour, Momotaro have produced this stellar 15th year anniversary collection. Packed with meticulous details, the Momotaro 15th year anniversary collection updates the signature Momotaro leather patch with certain design elements, in order to pay homage to their decade and half of working with Selvedge denim. Custom milled specifically for this 15th year anniversary collection, the 15.7oz. broken twill denim is Momotaro's first foray into the rarest denim twill, not following either the right hand or left hand rules of denim twill construction. Soft right out the box, the unique weave is woven with a right twill and a left twill side by side at a fixed width. This weave method prevents the denim from twisting. Since the uneven thread is used, the whiteness visible on the surface is not constant, so the colour fades uniquely...looking bright blue. The proprietary Selvedge features a two-tone gold & pink Selvedge ID with custom print jacquard liner and pocket bags. The deerskin leather patch is indigo dyed and features the classic Momotaro logo with "15th" in gold foil printing. Gold brass buttons features custom 15th anniversary embossing while each pair will ship with a canvas bag and a custom-made bandana.
MOMOTARO's "Narrow Tapered" fit is best described as a "lifter's cut". One that gives way for bigger thighs, and larger glutes, but does not sacrifice on the narrow hem. Compared to their Slim Straight cut, the front rise was lengthened, the thigh width was increased and a more drastic taper was applied to the hem, creating an aesthetically pleasing silhouette, while still being comfortable (particularly in the top block).
- 15.7oz Zimbabwe cotton "BROKEN" twill denim
- Narrow Tapered Fit
- Gold × Pink selvedge representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story
- "Going to Battle" stripes on back pocket
- Custom 15th Anniversary print jacquard liner on back yoke
- Custom 15th Anniversary print pocket bags
- Custom 15th Anniversary rayon tab
- Indigo dyed deerskin leather patch featuring classic Momotaro logo with "15th" in gold foil printing
- Signature peach inseam stitch
- One wash fabric (sanforized)
- Gold brass button fly featuring custom 15th Anniversary embossing
- Custom 15th Anniversary debossing featured on button backs
- Copper Male Rivets
- Copper Female Rivets with Momotaro Peach branding
- Each pair will include a canvas bag and a custom-made bandana
- 32.7" Inseam
- Item No. 15THB01
- 100% Cotton
- Made in Japan
Available in matching Type II Denim Jacket.
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, close the zipper and fasten all buttons and always turn the jeans inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jeans (preferabbly in shade) inside out and let the jeans dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. underwear). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out