The High Tapered fit by Japan Blue is one of their more newer developments, based on customer feedback. Compared to the Tapered fit, the front rise was lengthened, the thigh width was increased and a more drastic taper was applied to the hem, creating a highly aesthetically pleasing silhouette, while still being comfortable. These can be considered a "lifter's" cut, one that gives way for bigger thighs, and larger glutes, but does not sacrifice on the narrow hem.
The JB0601 fabric is the original 14.8oz denim fabric Japan Blue first gained notoriety for. The tough American cotton allows for the stronger yarn, as well as giving it a nice deep indigo color when dyed. The Warp yarn is rope dyed in deep indigo blue, which will give a great fade with subtle contrast over time. The vintage shuttle loom on which the fabric is woven is sped up to tighten the weave, given the already rough and rugged textile a strong finish.
- Japan Blue's "High Tapered" fit provides more room in the top block than its "Tapered" counterpart, with a touch higher rise, substantially more room in the thighs, and smaller leg opening
- 14.8oz US (Texas) selvedge denim fabric
- Rope dyed indigo
- Japan Blue custom engraved brass buttons
- 5 Brass button fly with Japan Blue debossing
- Brass rivets
- Hemp fabric Indigo Sashiko pocket bags with geometric design
- Hidden selvedge coin pocket
- Gold inseam cotton thread
- Gold thread chainstitch construction throughout
- Indigo dyed cowhide leather patch (by Tanner Goods)
- Red & white selvedge detailing
- 100% cotton
- Made in Japan
** Eligible for free shipping within Canada **
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, close the zipper and fasten all buttons and always turn the jeans inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jeans (preferabbly in shade) inside out and let the jeans dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. underwear). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out