New Balance has put a new spin on its X-Racer silhouette, a “Utility” iteration with a handful of functional details. Influenced by retro hiking shoes, the XRCTU is a must for trekking around the city. Starting at the top of the shoe is a thick “X-Racer” tongue tag, complemented by a mesh foundation and large rope laces (2 colours). The rest of the shoe’s uppers are constructed in leather, livened up by utilitarian details and geometric panels. “New Balance” branding is placed along the sidewalls, sitting just below zippers, next to a small cargo pocket, which also appears on the other side of the shoe. Other features like intricate top-stitching and a large tri-toned ABZORB midsole round off the sneaker’s bold design. Durable materials and ample cushioning outlast long days, while pouches on each side add a utilitarian touch. Think of them as your go anywhere, do anything shoes — upgraded with rugged good looks.
- Durable leather upper
- Functional cargo pouches on both sides
- ABZORB midsole absorbs impact through a combination of cushioning and compression resistance
- Outdoor-inspired outsole provides enhanced traction
- Reflective accents designed to catch the light
- Branded tongue webbing
- Rubberized backtab and synthetic toe overlay
- Rubber outsole
- Suede/mesh material
- Textile webbing N-logo
- Two sets of laces (Tan and Black)
- Model no. MSXRCTUD
- Made in Vietnam
ABZORB's rubber content increases cushioning and compression resistance properties and aids in absorbing forceful impacts.