The WATA (which means cotton in Japanese) is a casual, timeless and unisex sneaker.
- Upper in B-mesh, 100% recycled plastic bottles
- Logo V made of wild rubber
- Lining made out of organic cotton
- Inner sole made of EVA, recycled EVA and wild rubber
- Sole made of wild rubber from the amazonian forest (20%)
- Style # WT011667
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre
Made out of 100% recycled polyester (polyethylene terephthalate or P.E.T.), B-Mesh is a light, breathable and waterproof fabric. This material is made entirely out of recycled plastic bottles in a recycling and extrusion facility in Santo André, Brazil. The PET plastic bottles are transformed into flakes and then re-extruded into polyester fiber. 3 plastic bottles are needed to make one pair of VEJAs.
Each Veja outer sole is made of rubber from the Amazon rainforest. Rubber tappers are paid fair prices, and the use of wild rubber from Amazonia increases the economic value of the forest and helps in the fight against deforestation.
Note, sizes in brackets denote manufacturers' size.
Shoe care: The canvas can be brushed with cold water and soap. Avoid machine washing them as the leather inserts can rub off.