The SDU - short for Santos Dumont
- is inspired by running shoes from the 80s and is made from high-quality and sustainable materials. For the upper material, a mesh made from recycled plastic bottles is used, while faux suede panels on the toe and heel help to protect against scuffs. The iconic V on the side is made from natural rubber, as is the high-quality sole.
Upper in Alveomesh (100% plastic bottles recycled)
- Pannels in vegan suede & coated fabric
- Side V Logo in Rubber and Rice Waste (23%)
- Organic cotton laces (100%)
- Midsole made from sugar cane (53%)
- Glued outsole made of Amazon rubber (12%) & rice waste (30%)
- Sugarcane insole, Amazon rubber, recycled E.V.A. (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate) & organic cotton
- Tech inner lining (100% recycled plastic bottles) developed to acquire a better resistance to friction and provide maximum comfort and flexibility thanks to its mesh structure.
- Style # RR012532
- Made in Brazil in the region of Porto Alegre
Alveomesh is a technical fabric made exclusively from recycled plastic bottles. It brings breathability, flexibility and lightness to the shoe.
The suede used by Veja is a Made in Germany 100% vegan synthetic textile and an alternative to animal produced suede. It is a non-woven fabric made from microfibers that were needle-punched together and impregnated with PU resin, a less toxic process than the ones used to produce classic synthetics suedes.
Each Veja outer sole is made of 40% rubber from the Amazon rainforest. Rubber tappers are paid fair prices, and the use of wild rubber from Amazonia increases the economic value of the forest and helps in the fight against deforestation.
Note, sizes in brackets denote manufacturers' size.