The SDU - short for Santos Dumont
- is inspired by running shoes from the 80s and is made from high-quality and sustainable materials. For the upper material, a mesh made from recycled plastic bottles is used, while faux suede panels on the toe and heel help to protect against scuffs. The iconic V on the side is made from natural rubber, as is the high-quality sole.
- Upper in B-mesh: made from recycled plastic bottles
- Panels made out of vegan suede
- Logo V made of rubber
- Lining in jersey of recycled polyester
- Insole made out of P.U.
- Sole made out of EVA and wild rubber from the Amazonian forest
- 100% Vegan
- Style # RRM012357
- Made in Brazil in the region of Porto Alegre
The B-Mesh used by Veja is made out of 100% recycled polyester (polyethylene
terephthalate or P.E.T.). B-Mesh is a light, breathable and waterproof fabric. This material is made entirely out of recycled plastic bottles in a recycling and extrusion facility in Santo André, Brazil. The P.E.T. plastic bottles are transformed into flakes and then re-extruded into polyester fiber. 3 plastic bottles are needed
to make one pair of Veja's.
The suede used by Veja is a Made in Germany 100% vegan synthetic textile and an alternative to animal produced suede. It is a non-woven fabric made from microfibers that were needle-punched together and impregnated with PU resin, a less toxic process than the ones used to produce classic synthetics suedes.
Each Veja outer sole is made of 40% rubber from the Amazon rainforest. Rubber tappers are paid fair prices, and the use of wild rubber from Amazonia increases the economic value of the forest and helps in the fight against deforestation.
Note, sizes in brackets denote manufacturers' size.