The SDU - short for Santos Dumont
- is inspired by running shoes from the 80s and is made from high-quality and sustainable materials. The upper is made from recycled cotton, while vegan suede panels on the toe and heel help to protect against scuffs. The iconic V on the side is made from natural rubber, as is the high-quality sole.
- Upper in flannel: made out of recycled cotton (70%) and recycled polyester (30%)
- Synthetic leather panels from Germany
- Logo V made of wild rubber
- Lining in recycled cotton
- Inner sole in recycled cotton and polyurethane
- Sole made of wild rubber from the amazonian forest
- 100% Vegan
- Style # RU041668
- Made in Brazil, in the region of Porto Alegre
The flannel used by Veja is a 100% recycled fabric. It is brushed to create extra softness. It is made from recycled cotton and recycled polyester. 70% recycled cotton - 30% recycled polyester.
The suede used by Veja is a Made in Germany 100% vegan synthetic textile and an alternative to animal produced suede. It is a non-woven fabric made from microfibers that were needle-punched together and impregnated with PU resin, a less toxic process than the ones used to produce classic synthetics suedes.
Each Veja outer sole is made of 40% rubber from the Amazon rainforest. Rubber tappers are paid fair prices, and the use of wild rubber from Amazonia increases the economic value of the forest and helps in the fight against deforestation.
Note, sizes in brackets denote manufacturers' size.