0306-82IE "Going to Battle" Embroidery 16oz Selvedge Denim - Tight Tapered Fit
The 0306-82IE from MOMOTARO is sewn using a sanforized denim that features an uncharacteristically high amount of slub texture, made possible through a low-tension weave style coupled with US Cotton. The denim sports a classic indigo colour that will fade to a vintage blue with wear. For the iconic "Going to Battle" (GTB) stripes, MOMOTARO has used vintage embroidery machines. This raised texture will become enhanced with time and fade beautifully. This embroidered detail is made with grand indigo dyed threads. Other classic details include pink selvedge and inseam, both of which serve as an homage to the peach in the original "Momotaro" folktale. The "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the folklore story.
MOMOTARO's "Tight Tapered" fit is a very slim and modern tapered fit. The waist is true to size, with a low rise, slim thighs, and a strong taper throughout the leg.
- 16oz US cotton
- One wash fabric (sanforized)
- Pink selvedge, representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story
- Pink inseam thread
- "Going to Battle" embroidered Indigo stripes
- Custom branded natural leather patch
- Custom engraved iron buttons
- Button fly
- Filled belt loops
- Jacquard pocket lining
- Chain stitched hems and waistband
- Copper custom engraved pocket rivets (hidden on back)
- 34" Inseam
- 100% Cotton
- Made in Japan
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, close the zipper and fasten all buttons and always turn the jeans inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jeans (preferabbly in shade) inside out and let the jeans dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. underwear). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out