Japan Blue's Tapered fit is slim in the top block, has a medium rise, enough room in the thigh to be comfortable, and begins to taper from the upper thigh all the way to the leg opening. It is flattering on all body types and is Japan Blue's most popular cut.
For the JB0404 bi-blended fabric, Japan Blue chose to use primarily long staple African cotton with about 12% natural brown cotton mixed in. The result of using this yarn as the base is a soft and supple texture to the fabric, ideal for an all-season pair. Through multiple wears, the fading of the indigo warp will expose the natural brown cotton colour which was used in the fabric. Using the popular Tapered model, the fabric was developed to replicate the indigo colour of jeans that were produced in the early 1900s. Woven on a vintage shuttle loom, the fabric is finished with a classic red line selvedge.
- A bit of leeway is given from the thighs to the knees, then towards the hem it is tapered narrow.
- 12.oz African selvedge denim fabric
- Rope dyed indigo
- 5 Brass button fly with Japan Blue custom engraved antique gold finish
- Blue Inseam cotton thread
- Antique gold rivets
- Japan Blue logo stamp on interior pocket bag
- Vegetable tanned natural leather patch
- Hidden coin pocket selvedge
- Red & white selvedge detailing
- Blue interior inseam thread
- 100% cotton (88% Africa cotton, 12% natural brown cotton)
- Made in Japan
** Eligible for free shipping within Canada **
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, close the zipper and fasten all buttons and always turn the jeans inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jeans (preferabbly in shade) inside out and let the jeans dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. underwear). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out