The 0605-BESP from MOMOTARO is made using the brand's 18oz Zimbabwe cotton selvedge denim - sanforized (washed once) for immediate wear. This special installment features a rich beige coloured weft designed to yield a rustic "dirty fade" with continued wear. The fabric is stiff and rigid and widely praised for its fading colour and character. The denim is made entirely from Zimbabwe cotton and has a smooth yet hairy surface. Loaded with signature MOMOTARO details, including the iconic battle stripes, but in beige! as well as pink selvedge and inseam, both of which serve as an homage to the peach in the original "Momotaro" folktale. The "Going to Battle" stripes are a symbol of Japanese tradition representing honor and strength. The warrior stripes also represent the flag carried by "Momotaro" in the folklore story.
MOMOTARO's "Natural Tapered" fit is a roomy fit in the top block with a healthy taper from the knee down. The denim has a medium rise, roomy medium thighs, and a taper to the leg.
- 18oz Zimbabwe cotton
- One wash fabric (sanforized)
- Indigo warp x beige weft
- Pink selvedge, representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story
- Pink inseam thread
- Beige "Going to Battle" stripes on back pocket
- Custom branded natural leather patch
- Custom engraved iron buttons
- Button fly
- Filled belt loops
- Jacquard pocket lining
- Chain stitched hems and waistband
- Copper custom engraved pocket rivets (hidden on back)
- 34" Inseam
- 100% Cotton
- Made in Japan
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, close the zipper and fasten all buttons and always turn the jeans inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jeans (preferabbly in shade) inside out and let the jeans dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. underwear). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out