This "Ultimate Pima" is raw cotton of the Sea Island species organically grown in the U.S.A. The growing period is one month longer than the Upland species and has a lower yield per area than the Supima species. Sea Island Cotton, also known as “black seed” or “Gossypium barbadense”, boasts a unique set of characteristics that places it above other species. At 36/37mm, the staple yarn is extra-long and is super fine in texture. It also has a significant brightness of 3.1 to 3.4 Micronaire (which measures the permeability of the cotton fibres when compressed). All this results in a cotton that is noticeably stronger, softer and more luxurious. Loaded with signature MOMOTARO details, including pink selvedge and inseam, both of which serve as an homage to the peach in the original "Momotaro" folktale. Branded leather patch and hidded selvedge coin pocket round out the details.
MOMOTARO's "High Tapered" fit is a slim and tapered fit, with a medium rise, roomier medium thighs, and a strong taper throughout the leg.
- 13oz Sea Island cotton
- One wash fabric (sanforized)
- Pink selvedge, representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story
- Pink inseam thread
- Custom branded natural leather patch
- Custom engraved iron buttons
- Button fly
- Filled belt loops
- Jacquard pocket lining
- Chain stitched hems and waistband
- Copper custom engraved pocket rivets (hidden on back)
- 34" Inseam
- 100% Cotton
- Item no. 0405-36
- Made in Japan
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, close the zipper and fasten all buttons and always turn the jeans inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jeans (preferabbly in shade) inside out and let the jeans dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. underwear). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out