To commemorate fifteen years of dedication to sincere craft and honest labour, Momotaro have produced this stellar 15th year anniversary collection. Packed with meticulous details, the Momotaro 15th year anniversary collection updates the signature Momotaro leather patch with certain design elements, in order to pay homage to their decade and half of working with Selvedge denim. Custom milled specifically for this 15th year anniversary collection, the 15.7oz. broken twill denim is Momotaro's first foray into the rarest denim twill, not following either the right hand or left hand rules of denim twill construction. Soft right out the box, the unique weave is woven with a right twill and a left twill side by side at a fixed width. This weave method prevents the denim from twisting. Since the uneven thread is used, the whiteness visible on the surface is not constant, so the colour fades uniquely...looking bright blue. The proprietary Selvedge features a two-tone gold & pink Selvedge ID with custom print jacquard liner on the double pocket flaps and pocket bags. The deerskin leather patch is indigo dyed and features the classic Momotaro logo with "15th" in gold foil printing. Gold brass buttons features custom 15th anniversary embossing while each pair will ship with a canvas bag and a custom-made bandana. The Type II jacket keeps its identifiable knife pleats while hand warmer pockets and buttoned cuffs finish the look.
- 15.7oz Zimbabwe cotton "BROKEN" twill denim
- Slim fit
- Gold × Pink selvedge representing the peach from the "Momotaro" folklore story
- "Going to Battle" stripes on left sleeve
- Double Flap chest pockets
- Hand warmer pockets
- Buttoned cuffs
- Custom 15th Anniversary print jacquard liner on pocket flaps
- Custom 15th Anniversary print pocket bags
- Custom 15th Anniversary rayon tab
- Indigo dyed deerskin leather patch featuring classic Momotaro logo with "15th" in gold foil printing
- Signature peach inseam stitch
- One wash fabric (sanforized)
- Gold brass button placket featuring custom 15th Anniversary embossing
- Each jacket will include a canvas bag and a custom-made bandana
- Item No. 15THB21
- 100% Cotton
- Made in Japan
Available in matching Narrow Tapered Jeans.
Note, sizes in brackets denote manufacturers' size.
Important Note: Every denim product will lose colour. This is due to the special indigo dying process. After several washes, the losing of colour will be less and will stop over time. Some helpful advise:
- When washing, fasten all buttons and always turn the denim inside out. Wash separately. When drying, hang the jacket (preferably in shade) inside out and let it dry naturally.
- Pay attention when you sit on light surfaces
- Be careful with wearing light clothes (i.e. undershirts). Body warmth may cause denim to fade out